Welcome!

We started this blog in 2010 after a New Years' Resolution to read 60 books between the two of us. (40 for C, 20 for D.) After reaching our goal, we decided to keep going in 2011. This year, C has pledged to read 30 books, and D will read 12. By no means are we professional reviewers; we're not even professional bloggers. We're just two people who love to read and decided to share our thoughts and offer our limited insights. We hope you enjoy!

Friday, March 23, 2012

February 2012/March 2012

8. A Wrinkle In Time by Madeliene L'Engle (Young Adult Fiction)
1 out of 5 Stars. Bleh.

9. Looking For Alaska by John Green (Young Adult Fiction)
5 OUT OF 5 STARS, WOAH.

Let me point out that I spent a solid two weeks in between A Wrinkle in Time and Looking for Alaska trying so, so, so hard for the third time in my life to read Little Women. I made it about 35% in this time... but I just can't do it. I have no interest whatsoever. That probably makes me some sort of Communist, but that's fine.

I also want to say that I freaking LOVED Looking for Alaska. I highlighted so many passages that practically the entire book is black in my Kindle.

Here are some of my favorites:

"If people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."

"You can say a lot of bad things about Alabama, but you can't say that Alabamans as a people are unduly afraid of deep fryers."

"I've never been religious, but he told us that religion is important whether or not we believed in one, in the same way that historical events are important whether or not you personally lived through them."

No comments:

Post a Comment